Effective Date: January 1, 2019
By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the practices described in this Privacy Statement, please do not provide us with your Personal Information or interact with the Site.
We may modify this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address you provided upon check out) or by means of notice on the Site prior to the change becoming effective. You can determine when this Privacy Statement was last revised by referring to the “Effective Date” above. The last version of the Privacy Statement (upon changing to a current version) will be available here.
1. Types of Information We Collect
We will collect information, including Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information, when you interact with us and the Site, for example when you:
- access or use the Site;
- purchase our service;
- open or respond to our e-mails;
- refer friends, family, or others to Social Setters;
- contact customer service or use other customer support tools;
- visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
- purchase products or services on or through the Site;
- connect or link to any Site via social networking sites;
- post comments to Online Communities such as our social networking pages or accounts, forums, bulletin boards, discussion groups, chat rooms or other methods of communication that may be offered on or linked through the Site; and
- This Privacy Statement does not apply to the collection of information in any way other than as listed above.
2. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and what you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to Social Setters, and you can limit the communications that Social Setters sends to you.
(a) Commercial E-mails
You may choose not to receive commercial e-mails from us by following the instructions contained in any of the commercial e-mails we send. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from commercial email messages, we may still e-mail you non-commercial e-mails related to your package selection and your transactions on the Site. You may update your subscription preferences at any time.
(b) Cookies and Other Technologies
What are cookies? Cookies are unique identifiers, usually made up of small bits of text or code. Cookies are usually stored on your device or in your web browser and they send certain information back to the party who served the cookie. When we say cookies, we are actually referring to a broader range of technologies than just cookies, including web beacons, clear gifs, pixels and other similar technologies. When we say first-party cookies we mean cookies that are served by Social Setters. When we say third-party cookies we mean cookies that are served by non-Social Setters parties.
You may manage how your browser handles Cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain Third-Party Ad-Servers and Social Setters-served ads online using the National Advertising Initiative’s Opt-Out Tool or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) About Ads Opt-Out Tool.
Currently, we do not alter our data collection and use practices in response to Do Not Track signals.
We use Non-Identifiable Information which means information that alone cannot identify you, including data from Cookies, Pixel Tags and Web Beacons, and Device Data. Non-Identifiable Information may be derived from Personal Information and Device Data, which means information concerning a device you use to access, use, or interact with the Site, such as operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device, geolocation, including precise geolocation, unique device identifier or other device identifier, advertising identifier, mobile phone carrier identification, and device software platform and firmware information to directly serve you interest-based ads on third party websites and mobile applications. Interest-based ads served directly by Social Setters on third party sites will display the AdChoices icon. If you prefer not to receive interest-based ads from Social Setters on third party sites, you can click on the AdChoices icon in the ad, which will direct you to where you can opt-out of receiving interest-based ads served by Social Setters.
(c) Device Data
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share certain Device Data with Social Setters, as well as how your mobile browser handles Cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
When you first visit or use the Site we may request permission to collect certain information. You can opt not to permit the collection of this information, or permit it only when using the mobile app, but it may limit certain functions or features of the Site. You can control how and whether we collect your information through your device’s settings.
3. How Social Setters Uses Information
We use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement to:
- Operate, maintain and improve the Site and our services
- Provide you with interest-based ads, push notifications, communications, and offers for products and services from us
- Facilitate and fulfill orders placed on the Site for example, for Social Setters packages and programs
- Evaluate your eligibility for certain types of offers or services that may be of interest to you, and analyze advertising effectiveness;
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct customer research;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Social Setters
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information
- Administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers
- Enhance other information we have about you directly or from other sources such as social media to help us better understand you and determine your interests
We also may use information collected as described in this Privacy Statement with your consent or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
If you use any features on the Site to send information about our service to another person (e.g., a friend, a colleague, a professional associate, etc.), we will also collect the Personal Information of that other person to the extent disclosed by you and may contact them using the information you provided us.
4. When and Why Social Setters Discloses Information
We may share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law:
- with any establishment, merchant or Vendor in which we make arrangements on your behalf after approving your customized event itinerary (applies to Trend Setter and Jet Setter package) for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement;
- to process your purchases
- to report or collect on debts owed to us
- to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- to combat fraud or criminal activity, and to protect our rights or as part of legal proceedings affecting Social Setters;
- in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose Non-Identifiable Information, means information that alone cannot identify you, including data from Cookies, Pixel Tags and Web Beacons, and Device Data. Non-Identifiable Information may be derived from Personal Information:
- for the same reasons we might share Personal Information;
- to facilitate targeted content and ads; or
- with Third-Party Ad-Servers to place our ads on the Site and on third-party sites, and to analyze the effectiveness of those ads.
5. How Social Setters Collects Information
You provide us with your Personal Information when you purchase our service, or otherwise when you provide us with your Personal Information during your interaction with the Site and Other Programs. We also collect Personal Information when you contact us online for customer service and other support using self-help tools, such as email, text, or by posting to an Online Community.
Device Data may be collected automatically, and as soon as your device interacts with the Site. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
You may be able to disallow our use of certain data through your device or browser settings.
6. Security of Personal Information
Social Setters has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You can access, update and delete your Personal Information you provided to us, as described below, by sending us an email at email@example.com.
If you have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your account, if you should want your information removed from our system we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will retain your Personal Information as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish that we no longer use your Personal Information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Social Networks
Social Community Areas
9. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Social Setters through your interaction with the Site. Other websites that may be accessible through links from the Site may have their own privacy statements and Personal Information collection, use, and disclosure practices. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of a sponsored offer or promotion.
10. Business Transfers and Corporate Changes
Social Setters reserve the right to disclose, transfer, or license any and all information related to the Site, including Personal Information:
- to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of one or more of the Sites or any portion or operation related to part of one or more of the Sites; or
- in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
11. Children’s Privacy
The Site is a general audience site not directed at children under the age of 13.
By using the Social Setters site, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order purchase services advertised through the Site.
12. Contact Us; California Privacy Rights and Other Countries
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us online at email@example.com. You can reach us via postal mail at the following address:
Social Setters NY, Inc.
31-00 47th Avenue Suite 3100
Long Island City, NY
Social Setters utilizes various valid data transfer mechanisms for Personal Information at its sole discretion in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We will continue to monitor and assess the appropriateness of other valid data transfer mechanisms as they become available.
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Social Setters pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us via the email or address stated above. Please allow 30 days for a response.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to admin@the socialsetters.com. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Glossary of Terms
Cookie means a unique identifier, usually made up of small bits of text or code.
Device Data means information concerning a device you use to access, use, or interact with the Site, such as operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device, geolocation, including precise geolocation, unique device identifier or other device identifier, advertising identifier, mobile phone carrier identification, and device software platform and firmware information.
Non-Identifiable Information means information that alone cannot identify you, including data from Cookies, Pixel Tags and Web Beacons, and Device Data. Non-Identifiable Information may be derived from Personal Information.
Online Communities means, collectively, our social networking pages or accounts, forums, bulletin boards, discussion groups, chat rooms or other methods of communication that may be offered on or linked through the Site.
Other Programs means special programs, features and functionality on our Site
Other Sources means sources of information that legally provide Social Setters with your information, and which are outside the scope of this Privacy Statement at the time of collection.
Personal Information means information about you that specifically identifies you or, when combined with other information we have, can be used to identify you. This includes the following types of information:
- Contact Information: your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social networking website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you are able to receive communications.
- Relationship Information: information you provide that enables us to determine lifestyle, interests, and activities, including location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of deals that interest you, information collected through your interactions with social networks, demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); information about persons for whom you have purchased Social Setters vouchers as gifts or who have bought Social Setters vouchers as gifts for you; and information about friends who refer you or whom you have referred;
- Transaction Information: information you provide when you interact with us and the Site, such as the Social Setters, purchase; email and other communications; and
- Financial Information: information collected from you as needed to process payments for Social Setters service that you buy, or as provided by you to administer your participation in programs, such as your payment card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
Pixel Tags and Web Beacons mean tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions.
Third-Party Ad-Servers means Vendors and other third parties that provide the technology to place ads on websites and track ad performance.
Vendors means, collectively, third parties that perform business operations on behalf of Social Setters, such as transaction processing, billing, mailing, communications services (e-mail, direct mail, etc.), marketing, data processing and analytics, servicing, collections, ad management, or information technology services.